"As Tina Turner says, she’s simply the best! Better than all the rest.”
-- John, Director of Corporate Accounts, Biotech Company
Recruiting, Resume Writing, and Career Services for the Biotechnology and Medical Device Industries
In my 20 years as a recruiter, I’ve seen it all. From the job seeker side, I’ve witnessed incredibly talented people lose out on opportunities because they simply didn’t know how to market themselves. Some job-seekers seem to think that asking for help shows weakness, but nothing could be further from the truth. The wisest job seekers know they need help and seek it out. Does a corporate CEO tackle every problem the organization faces on their own? No, of course not.
Successful people know their limitations and seek out experts for advice. Truth be told, more people seek professional resume writing help than you would ever suspect.
The internet is filled with lousy career advice that is unfortunately believed by many, and those who follow this bad advice get lost in the job search maze. The result of following this bad advice can be frustration, depression, lost wages, and underemployment.
It Doesn’t Need to Be Like This
Do I think job hunting is easy? Absolutely not. It’s hard. Very hard. The current job market is the most competitive I’ve ever witnessed. Unprepared job seekers end up out-marketed by other applicants who have similar skills and work experience. That’s where I come in.
My job is to help applicants and job-seekers market themselves to potential employers.
Do Any of These Scenarios Sound Familiar?
- You haven’t written a resume in years and want to know the newest methods
- You’re sending out tons of resumes and getting no response
- You fear you’re not getting interviews because of age discrimination or over-qualification
- You can’t verbalize your own accomplishments
- You feel your experience is difficult to convey in a resume format
- You have trouble filling a whole page of your resume
- You sit for hours trying to write your resume, only to feel frustrated
- There are gaps on your resume
If you can answer yes to any of the questions above, you are not alone!
The job hunt is harder and more competitive than it used to be, but I’m here to help
Job hunting isn’t easy! Once you master the simple tactics I suggest, you will see change
- Your job search will be shorter
- Anxiety will be greatly reduced and replaced by confidence
- Confidence will help your entire demeanor change
- With increased confidence, you become far more appealing to employers
- You will gain control of your career
- You will not settle for a job that leaves you underemployed
- You will get the job and career you deserve!